Monday, June 13, 2011

When life is a whirlwind, bring a kite....

It's been a whirlwind of a year thus far. I need to do more journaling. I'm trying to do better at it. I recently heard of a man who passed away this week and when his son was taking care of his affairs he came across his notebooks, where he had chronicled every day of the last five years of his life. What a true gift to leave your heirs, a strange and unique window. There is so much going on this week what with the 175 Anniversary Bash in Kickapoo, IL, painting the float with Uncle Phil for the parade, my freelance, going to press on the latest issue of Numéro and family from Kansas City coming home, Father's Day, Mom and Dad's Anniversary, and printing Christine and Nick's wedding invitations.

Strangest thing that happened to me today: Getting carded when I went to buy sparklers.
Most exciting thing about today: I got to interview Preston Jackson for an article.
What did I eat today: Cheerios, Chips and salsa, Chocolate ice cream, and BBQ Chicken Pizza
Daily regret: Not throwing that drifter my box of cereal.

1 comment:

  1. You got carded for sparklers? lol. Once I got carded buying an R-rated movie. I was like, 24. The cashier was probably like 17. Bless his heart, he told me he thought I looked his age. Cute little liar. :)

    ReplyDelete