Monday, February 21, 2011

From Closet to Cameo: The Wedding Singer

Have you ever wanted to be in a movie? Do you have a great outfit and no acting skills? Well here is your big break! I watch a lot of movies and to showcase and celebrate the ones I like, welcome to "From Closet to Cameo"! And honest to goodness, all of the items that my friends and I will be wearing were taken directly from our closets...no joke. This week's spotlight is The Wedding Singer--one of the greatest 80s movies not made in the 80s. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to live in Julia and Holly's vintage pink house, dance like crazy in lamé, and have a friend who puts his limo through an obstacle course. My cousin, best friend and I can nearly recite the whole movie from memory.

For my outfit I selected this wonderful authentic 80s number, gifted to me by my cousin, who could not pass it up in a thrift store. It has been hanging in my closet for the past year and finally has a purpose! If you wonder where I would be in this film, you could probably find me kickin' it on the dance floor or chatting up one of the mutants at table 9...oh who am I kidding, I am one of the mutants at table 9.

Rock the 80s!!!!!

Favorite quotes:
"Billy Idol gets it, I don't know why she doesn't get it!"~Robbie
"Do you really want to hurt me?"~George

"I don't have any clean Tupperware!"~Rosie
"Get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up!"~Robbie

1 comment:

  1. Cuuuute! What a fun idea for a blog. I can't wait to see what other ensembles you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete