Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 6: Slipcovers!

At long last I finished the slipcovers for my couch pillows, they were originally all blue but I though it needed some added visual interest so I found this great canvasy type fabric at Joann's (they have a pretty fun selection) and sewed simple covers, it's just like sewing a pillow but instead of stuffing it you just sew strips of velcro on the last seam. My assignment to you, take a good look at your furniture, is it to your taste or is there something that you could do to tie in a pop of color or break up the monotony. Maybe you could simply even move your furniture around a bit for a change of scenery. My mom used to do that when I was at school, then it was like coming home to an alternate reality home.

1 comment:

  1. They look great! I love the fabric you picked.

    ReplyDelete